Monday, October 28, 2013

Préfacer

"So long as you have food in your mouth, you have solved all questions for the time being." I couldn't concede more on that one by Franz Kafka. Commencing my first blog post, I have this avocation (more like an obsession) of consuming food and the incorrigible habit of ordering at least a cup of coffee whenever I get the opportunity to do so. Frankly, I was never really a coffee enthusiast but somehow, about a year ago, that day when I had my first decent cup of Macchiato happened unexpectedly. I got hooked and never found a way out of this teeth staining hobby.

Enough about myself, let me kindly welcome all of you to Cuts & Brews. This blog is mainly about my whereabouts to some eateries around (or outside of) Kuala Lumpur. And I'm sure everyone knows what Cuts & Brews means. Hope you'll enjoy the posts that I'll be publishing here!

As an appetizer post (really? appetizer post?), my recent trip to The Red Bean Bag located in Solaris Dutamas near the suburban area of Sri Hartamas had delectably satisfied my cravings for a good substantial Friday meal and a well brewed cup of coffee. 


What I had during my visit there was the 'Skyscraper' (MYR 17) which was a stack of fluffy pancakes garnished with chocolate syrup and a generous amount of fruits consisting of bananas, strawberries and raspberries. And for sips, a cup of Cappuccino drizzled with some chocolate powder (MYR 9, you can choose to not have the chocolate powder on it though). 


Verdict: The food was good and so was the coffee, it was really to my liking. And yes, for the people who favour hearty breakfast meals, they also have other dishes as well as their big breakfast set which I was told by a friend that it is worth to try. So, do come to the Red Bean Bag for your essential daily meals, caffeine fix or just for the interior itself (the bean bags/sacks are endearing!). I will definitely have a re-visit.


So that's it for my first post. Will continue trying out more cool eateries soon so do look forward to the next post! Till then.  



2 comments:

  1. Yay! Your first post :) Btw, went here last year but the kitchen was closed so only managed to have a drink which turned out to be good. The soda-ish drinks, I forgot the name. Anywho, you should try picknik - awesome, mouth watering courses ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nena! Hope you could try their food on your next visit, they're indeed good! And thanks for the recommendation, I did pass by the place once (or twice) before. Will try that soon :)

    ReplyDelete